Inform and Inspire

Welcome to Upstate Bouldering, designed around bouldering in the Upstate region of South Carolina. This website is intended to inform the reader of local spots in SC, Western NC and Northeast GA, as well as a blog of my experiences climbing at these great spots. I hope everyone learns of a new place to climb or is inspired to climb somewhere close to them. If you have any comments, please send me an e-mail.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Outdoor Guidebooks Now Available In The Greenville Tech Library!


I have worked at Greenville Technical College in Greenville, SC for the last 10 years as an Anatomy and Physiology professor. I love my job and seeing the new opportunities in life I'm able to provide my students by helping them progress on towards their degree goal. I also like to encourage my students, along with most anyone I meet, to get active and outdoors...it's always been the easiest method for me to decompress from work and the sometime difficult times in life. I'm also very passionate about the environment, sustainability and conservation biology...so while I was working with the librarians at my campus (Northwest campus in Berea, SC) on a project to order eco-topic items for the library, I had them order some of the local guidebooks for rock climbing (Selected Climbs of NC), bouldering (Rumbling Bald Bouldering Guide), kayaking (Carolina Whitewater), mountain biking (Off the Beaten Track: Pisgah), and hiking (Hiking South Carolina and NC Waterfalls). More books are going to be ordered soon also! I wanted to make this aware for any Tech students in the area that may be interested in checking these books out and experiencing a new outdoor activity. Thanks to Adele Webb and Michele Rubino, the Northwest campus librarians, for ordering these books for everyone to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment